Sunday, November 29, 2009

2nd phone interview - a week from Tuesday!

Since TJ's last interview was postponed due to a stomach virus sweeping through the Deacons, his next phone interview will be Tuesday, December 8. Please pray this will go well - as part of his responsibility would be to oversee the deacons, they may have a new batch of questions to discuss.

If this goes well, the next step would be for us to go up and meet the church (I better behave myself, huh?) and the church votes to extend a call or not. We really don't know how all the "timing" of this goes...the only "timing" issue we really have is our little girl who will show up sometime in late March. At our last OB appointment (which went fine) the doctor said he would not recommend moving past Valentine's Day. This week marks 23 weeks, and little "Ruth Elling" weighs about a pound and is 11 inches long. Kerstin feels her kick and is beginning to believe there's a future ninja in there.

So.........we'll continue to wait and see what God does, and watch His plan unfold; all the while acting like antsy kids on Christmas eve. Thank you for being on this journey with us and please please please continue to pray.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Interview part deux - tonight!

TJ has the phone interview with the deacons tonight. Please pray this whole process continues to go well and go smoothly.

Another exciting development to add in our family is we found out we're having a GIRL! Kerstin is 21 weeks along and things are going really well.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

One more step in the right direction....

So I had part 1 of my interview last night...

Since there were scheduling problems with trying to get all of the elders and deacons together to talk to me I had a phone interview with the Pastor and the elders last night. I feel like it went really well! They seemed pleased with all of my answers to their questions and didn't raise any concerns. I'm talking to the pastor on Thursday and I'll know for sure how it went then.

The next step is for me to have the same basic interview with the deacons as soon as they can get together. If that goes well the next step will be the whole congregation and before that happens it will be time to start figuring out all of the specifics. I should find out when my interview with the Deacons will be on Thursday as well.

So please pray that the interviews continue to go well and that all of the details will fall into place! If everything works out I'll still need to raise somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of my salary so feel free to start praying for that too!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009


Quick update and prayer request:

My phone interview has been moved up from next week to tonight! I'll be talking with the pastor and elders tonight at 8pm; please pray that it goes well!!! I'll still need to talk with the deacons sometime in the next couple weeks but they weren't able to get everybody in one place at one time so Bill, the pastor, bumped up the interview with the elders so that the process won't get delayed.