Saturday, July 18, 2009

Not so much...

So the opportunity to move to Connecticut with Interim Pulpit Supply is not looking very good at the moment. The church that was considering hiring Doug and I has decided they're not interested. To be honest, this strikes me as pretty strange considering that they haven't had a pastor in over a year and two people have turned down jobs there. So, though we're not happy about it at the moment, we might have dodged a bullet here, but we'll never really know.

Either way, that leaves us even more uncertain what is next. We're going up to Hickory to have lunch with Doug tomorrow and reassess where we're at. It's hard to know at this point whether to continue pursuing this or move on to something else. There's nothing very definitive to move on to at the moment, though. We are hoping to talk with a pastor about the possibility of helping plant a church as an assistant in a couple weeks, but we don't know where that will lead.

Please pray that God would give us some clear direction on what to do and where to look.

1 comment:

  1. This is disappointing news. I will definitely pray as you have asked.